Tuesday, August 9, 2011

KISHORE'S BEST TEENYBOPPER ROMANCE SONGS

KHULLAM KHULLA PYAAR KARENGE

No one could beat Rishi- Neetu in teenybopper romance. They made love look like sooo much fun. They portrayed on screen an all new permissiveness, more cute than hot. They were like two buddies on a roll, two great friends having a rollicking time be it getting drunk and painting the town red or sneaking out of hostels at midnight. BTW notice the music when Roshan is mixing the sinful booze into their orange juice. Oops circa 2011 orange juice is a dirty word all over again for very different reasons after Delhi Belly. Believe me I have not touched the stuff since!! The best part about these songs is when I tell my daughter that this grooving couple is Ranbir Kapoor's mummy papa. She really laughs as if mummy papas are not supposed to do fun idiotic things. But Kishore and Asha sang these songs with so much conviction and Rishi-Neetu played it best!! :-))




TERE CHEHRE SE NAZAR NAHIN HATTI

They were the proverbial love birds. Their freshness gave 'cute' a new meaning. Watching Rishi and Neetu romancing on screen is like having a warm cuppa of frothy coffee or masala chai in winters. They truly looked made for each other. If Kishore-Asha songs brought out their wild juvenile side, the Kishore-Lata combo preferred by the Yash Chopra camp made them look more romantic. It was Yash Chopra's vision all along to take actors to exotic locales, looking like a million bucks, dressed in vibrant hues and stylish, natty clothes and living life king size literally. Hey come on this was the seventies-esp this movie came in the terrible post emergency era- and noone wanted to see simpering darkness of sad sagas anymore. Yash Chopra gave 'em gloss, sheen and class like noone had ever done till date.

And to think that oldies like Sahir Ludhianvi and Khayyam could churn out such contemporary and evergreen songs is a revelation. True talent is ageless and limitless.......






TERA PHOOLON JAISA RANG


Part of the charm of the Facebook phenomenon is that it makes us imagine we live in a quasi Riverdale High. There are the Archies, there are the snooty Veronicas, the sweet Bettys, there are the Reggies and definite Jugheads around. It's all in fun and jest. It's interesting how this song is so Archies, yet the movie back in 1976 raised the contentious issue of how a love child has to fight for his/her right in a society as constrictingly stifling as India. Neetu(she was always the sweetest Betty, wasn't she?) here pitted against the snobbish Veronica, Tamanna. New age concepts of single motherhood and Live In relationships are fine and I feel women are capable of raising a kid on their own but the woman has to be financially very sound and know what she is getting into. It often makes sense to make peace and give a child a wholesome environment. At the same time I know of marriages sticking around only for the sake of the children, which I don't know whether its a good or bad thing. Life is a little more testing than simply putting an 'It's complicated' status on FB. It's a little more complicated than Riverdale High!:-)




KYA YAHI PYAAR HAI

A lovely and calming Kishore-Lata duet set to RD's music. Sanjay Dutt looks particularly gawky and unsure in his debut movie-the choreography is no great shakes either and imagine shooting such a song with your Dad in attendance. Sunil Dutt was the director! But Tina Munim was pretty poised even then and looked lovely in those teeny bopper ensembles. The song describes that unsure stage when you wonder if it's love or if you are just hyperventilating. Look out for some predicatable signs and symptoms. As for me, yeah I am in love....with this song hahaha;-))





EK MAIN AUR EK TU


Guess I have to return to Rishi-Neetu to round off this one. They pretty much defined sweet innocent love. Their dance moves looked so not-rehearsed, their look was so right- catch Neetu sporting pigtails and black nailpaint even back then. It's like when I am in a cosmetics shop looking for nailpaints, my daughter comes up to me and says take this green, yellow, black and I am like yeauuuwww!!! And I almost faint when I see some of the short dresses I wore in college especially a blue and white tight lycra number that I wore on my college farewell-yes, preserved it for my daughter! But that is what youth is all about. Experimenting and carrying off most things with cheek and chutzpah. Yes, today one knows what one wants. Or atleast one knows what one doesn't want or what doesn't suit one. I know I am old for black nail paint and skirts soooo short.(Reminds me of that quaint ad- I am too old for mini skirts too young to be a grandma. But i think you're just right for Amul chocolates!!) Or knee high boots, for that matter. Now that's an instant age diffuser. Ummm Don't think i'll ever give up those. It's one thing you'll find me wearing even when I am 50 atleast. As it is feeling very young today, waiting for ma and pa to come over, coz i get to behave like a teenager when they are around.:-)))





No comments:

Post a Comment